Connect Search is looking to hire a talented Director of Commercial Services in Chicago for a highly progressive, dynamic and agile retail company. Working for one of the most pioneering and disruptive Grocery Retailers in the world this is a pivotal role to support their continued expansion across the US.
As Director of Commercial Services you will lead the US Commercial team driving growth and revenue, working with talented colleagues and great partners (suppliers). You will drive support for new product launches through commercial activation process.
Tasks and responsibilities for the Director of Commercial Services:
- Provide objective thought leadership to category buyers on how to grow range sales and margins
- Interact with cross-functional teams to provide strategic actionable insights based on market data analysis
- Monitor and analyze categories, competition and consumer market data to identify business opportunities and develop new category development plans
- Work on Joint Business Partner plans alongside the buying team, regular vendor status meetings and progress checks
- Create the monthly/weekly activation (marketing) calendar
- Provide insightful analysis and recommendations to reach target consumers in new and creative ways
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, merchandising, business or related field preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience preferred, prior experience in a Category Management role preferred either in retail or CPG; additional insights experience ideal
- Previous experience managing CPG joint business plan programs
- Strategic and proactive thinking to develop category strategies and translate them into pricing and merchandising objectives
- Data analysis skills to monitor performance and develop strategies to close gaps, increase sales, etc.
The role is available on a hybrid basis where you can work in the office and home.
Please apply now for immediate consideration.