Our client is a world renowned partner to the Food & Ingredients sector. Reporting to the Global Technical Director this position will manage all Technical and Quality duties across multiple locations in the US & Canada. The position will be the link between the labs and customers and will work very closely with some of the world’s largest food, beverage and Ingredient groups. This position is a Senior member of the worldwide technical team and will review and enhance all processes and drive effective change programmes. Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Identify, implement and monitor critical elements of lab quality systems and standard operating procedures to ensure consistency of global practices
- Manage and development of global policies and procedures, audits, data analysis, evaluation of methodology, technology and equipment
- Provide technical support to Global Key Accounts by supporting Sales teams with tenders and audits and customer follow up
- Drive the regional commercial strategy through the Technical and Operations teams as well as being a vital resource at trade shows and industry events
- Manage all lab operating systems in line with quality, safety and accreditation requirements.
- Project Management aligned to acquisitions, due diligence and integration
- Interact with R&D on the implementation of new methods for operations
To apply you must have advanced technical/food science/chemistry knowledge preferably gained in services, Food, Beverage or Ingredients. You will have a strong academic profile, ideally with a PHD in a specialist technical subject. A thorough knowledge of science is necessary to evidence your experience of working closely with Food & beverage customers to provide practical solutions. Preferably you will have knowledge of the lab, quality systems, Standard Operating Procedures, testing methods, accreditation requirements and operating systems.