As Merchandise Planning Manager this is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing company, build your team and help drive the future direction of this organisation.
About the role
The Merchandise Planning Manager will work closely with the Category Managers and the Regional Buying Team to work on ways to improve the Merchandising processes and systems. This position is analytical and needs to have a strong understanding of technology. This position will also manage a team of analysts. This position reports to the Vice President of Merchandising Services and Planning.
- Manage a team of Merchandising Services Analysts responsible for new vendor creation, new SKU creation, SKU management, and Merchandising system support
- Document Merchandising and Category Management processes and then work with the engineering and data teams to explore opportunities for process improvements and automation
- Play the role of system owner for all Merchandising systems
- Manage list of system improvement demands from the Merchandising team and work with the engineering team to document requirements and perform testing
- Work with the data team to collect, analyze, and report on SKU performance
- Own and execute any changes to Merchandise hierarchy/taxonomy
- Work with the Merchandise Services team to train all new employees within Merchandising and Category Management and own the creation and upkeep of a Merchandising team user manual
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of relevant retail, e-commerce, and/or merchandising experience
- MUST be systems-oriented with experience using Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Strong excel skills required
- Highly analytical, strong organization skills, and clear understanding of overall eCommerce retail landscape
- Interest in startups and new businesses (experience at an early stage company a plus)
- Self-starter; able to learn technical and business skills quickly on the job
- Proactive with strong foresight; can anticipate needs and resolves or appropriately escalates issues in a timely manner
- Detailed, organized, result and deadline-oriented with a strong sense of follow through
- Ability to handle multiple priorities while maintaining a high level of organization and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with a positive attitude
A competitive base salary plus annual bonus plus LTIP is available. Apply now for immediate consideration. Closing date 14th October 2021.