Connect Search has been retained by a high profile International Food Group who are looking to appoint a Global R&D Director for one of their fast growth categories.
Reporting to the Divisional CEO and forming part of the Category Leadership team, the R&D Director will drive world class breakthrough innovation, coupled with industrial excellence.
Key responsibilities include:
- Inspire a culture of Innovation and Lead the delivery of new innovation development across a portfolio of brands.
- Effectively partner with the Manufacturing organisation to ensure that new products are introduced on time and within promised quality/cost targets.
- Stimulates / directs continuous improvement in assets management, fostering the exchange of best cross-plant practices.
- Develop programs and systems that ensure product quality while making effective use of new technologies.
- Develop, implement and deliver an annual and long-term strategic R&D plan. This includes performance metrics in support of the company’s strategic goals.
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop the innovation agenda and achieve growth and profitability targets.
- Identify and develop new technology platforms and opportunities to drive better and faster innovation.
- Ensure that the business is current with new technologies, product concepts, flavour trends, packaging technologies, and health and nutrition issues within the food industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Chemistry or a related field.
- 15+ years of progressive R&D leadership / Manufacturing experience.
- 5 years of experience leading teams.