As Director of Pricing and Promotions this is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing company, build your team and help drive the future direction of this organisation.
About the role
We’re looking for a hustler that’s creative, resourceful, passionate about food, has a product mindset, and is ready to get their hands dirty in a variety of exciting projects.
The Director of Pricing and Promotions is responsible for optimizing our pricing and promotion programs across the nation. You will be developing a framework and infrastructure that will provide pricing strategies for the merchandising team. This role will own the pricing philosophy, governance model, and roadmap to deliver the best pricing and promotions in the market to our customers. This position reports to the Vice President of Merchandising Services and Planning.
- Develop and communicate a clear pricing and promotions strategy across the Merchandising and Sales teams
- Develop a robust pricing system to scale pricing decisions that accelerate our ability to provide the best value experience for our customers
- Create a promotion planning process and recommend areas for process improvement, with a focus on utilizing data and analytics to optimize initiatives
- Identify strategic pricing modifications based on competitive data
- Provide a methodology for increases and decreases in pricing based on cost changes
- Consistently review performance of current strategies by understanding the current information in sales, profits, margins, in-stock, mark-up, and mark-down
- Lead cross functional discussions and initiatives with Supply Chain, Marketing, Engineering, and other teams to share pricing analytics and data that leads to scalable and actionable business processes
- Develop a way to track effectiveness of promotions and track promotional analysis over time to understand trends
- Manage promotional planning & execution in partnership with Marketing and Sales teams
- Manage a team of pricing and promotion analysts and specialists
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance, Business, Merchandising, Retail Management, Marketing, or related fields
- 10+ years of proven experience in merchandising, retail pricing, sourcing, operations management, finance and/or related fields
- Highly analytical, strong organization skills, and clear understanding of overall eCommerce retail landscape
- Creative problem solver with the ability to use large sets of data to build comprehensive analytics model
- Experience developing strong cross functional business relationships with business leaders and executives
- Experience providing developmental feedback upwards, across, and downwards in the organization
- Experience with performance metrics, process improvement and lean methodologies
- Proactive with strong foresight; can anticipate needs and resolves or appropriately escalates issues in a timely manner
- Self-starting, resourceful, hard work ethic and integrity
A competitive base salary plus annual bonus plus LTIP is available. Apply now for immediate consideration. Closing date 14th October 2021.