Our client, a highly acquisitive retail group has retained Connect Search to recruit a world class Chief ESG Officer on a consultancy basis.
Reporting to the CEO, this newly created role will report into the Group Board and be responsible for creating and implementing the Group's ESG agenda.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Guide and accelerate the Groups sustainability strategy in partnership with the wider business
- Provide specialist sustainability expertise to the Group and assist in building organisational capability to embed sustainability within existing resources and programmes
- As a subject matter expert, track the evolution of science and technology and public policy, advising the Group leadership and supporting the evolution over time of the Groups sustainability strategy in line with best practice
- Lead the development of principles and themes for community and stakeholder based social responsibility programmes
- Support business teams in building programmes and impact in supply chains to achieve Scope 3 targets, particularly in procurement and farm patron/supplier communities
- Champion sustainability with the Board and employees and build / co-ordinate a network of engaged business leaders and subject specialists to drive attainment of objectives
- Support communications programme to engage and inform stakeholders, influencers and build awareness of programmes, targets, achievements
To apply, you must have a proven record of developing and implementing exceptional sustainability initiatives in either the Retail or food & beverage industry. You will have a strong technical and practical background and be an expert in managing change and dealing with ambiguity.
Apply now for immediate consideration.