As Buying Director - Fresh Fruit & Vegetables - you will support the buying / purchasing strategy for one of the largest food retailers in Europe. Focusing on Fresh Fruit & Vegetables you should have in-depth buying experience and a passion for fresh produce. Responsible for multiple countries across Europe you will lead a team of buyers and help formulate the company strategy, speaking German will be a distinct advantage.
- Develop and implement the buying strategy to expand the assortment offering with a constant focus on quality
- Lead on negotiations with suppliers to drive profitability.
- Source new suppliers and ensure the assortment offering is wide and varied
- Manage and develop a team of buyers in country and internationally
- Provide guidance on pricing and promotional activity
- Liaise with colleagues across merchandising to ensure corporate goals are achieved
- Own the Profit & Loss within the aforementioned categories
The ideal candidate will be:
- Fluent in German with extensive buying experience across Fresh Produce
- Have Grocery Retail experience or come from a CPG background
- An inspirational leader ready to lead and build a talented team
- Delivery focused and ability to work independently
- Strong team management and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Excellent analytical and project management skills
Apply now for immediate consideration.